Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Feather update

I am still currently obsessed with feather hair extensions although I was totally ripped off by going to the salon to have them put in. I am ashamed to even admit how much I spent. I have now learned that you can order feathers online for wayyy cheaper and they are really easy to put in. Lots of people on Etsy sell them as well as Amazon and Ebay. I just got 6 feathers for about $20 and put them in myself. Some places might try to sell you the little hook but you don't need it. You just need feathers, microlinks (the bead that holds it to your hair), and a piece of fishing wire. They are lots of tutorials on YouTube that show you how. It's really easy and takes like 2 minutes. Anyway, I just returned from Montana where everyone has feathers in their hair! Fly fishing is huge there so there are lots of feathers around. Feathers are used to make the little flys in case you arent familiar with fly fishing. There was even a tent set up at the local farmers market where you could get them put in your hair. I went into one of the fly fishing stores and the feathers were sooo cheap. I bought a couple bags of small feathers because I wanted to make my own feather earrings. One bag was $1.80 and I can probably make 50+ earrings out of it! Ive made a few pair (again by watching YouTube tutorials) but still need some practice and to get creative by adding different colors and charms. Here are a few I have made so far (hanging on the earring holder I crafted up a few weeks ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment