Monday, January 19, 2015

Opening Fort Knox (hopefully)

This morning  we went to the doctor just to check everything out. Induction was scheduled between 7-9 pm tonight. During the nonstress test, the baby wasn't very active so they sent me for an ultrasound where they determined my fluid was pretty low and said that we needed to head straight to labor and delivery. Good thing we had our bags in the car!

So we got here and got checked in pretty quickly. Because it's a holiday, none of my doctors are working so I have a random doctor. He's nice though so its fine. The nurse "blew up" 2 of my veins trying to get an IV started and had to call in someone else. Not fun and my hand hurts pretty bad. Because I was not dialated at all they had to put in a foley catheter which is basically a water balloon that manually dialates me. That was a highly uncomfortable experience and they had a hard time getting it in because of how closed I am (Fort Knox as my doctor called it last week). So...this crazy water balloon is now inside of me and I basically have to wait until it falls out which could be 10-12
Hours and there is no guarantee it will work at all. I'm having regular contractions that are painful but not horrific. So for now I'm just laying here...being uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment